C&S Earthquake have been holding a recruitment drive for a Designated Safeguarding Officer (DSO) which will be responsible for safeguarding in the Company and our Homeless Campaign Hugo’s Earthquake.
After a successful application, a clear Enhanced Police check and with suitable qualifications required for the role, we are very pleased to announce Ryan Atkins has been recruited as DSO.
For transparency, Ryan’s role includes the following:
• In the event of a Safeguarding Concern, be the representative to contact and liaise with the appropriate agencies concerned.
• Ensure the C&S Earthquake Safeguarding Policy is kept up to date and understood by all staff and volunteers.
• Attend regular training courses in regards to Safeguarding.
• Work with Directors to ensure all work the Company and subsequent branches/partners complies with safeguarding legislation and best practice.
• Help our recruitment department install the necessary checks in place when hiring volunteers or staff for roles which work with external contacts.
We have recently approved our Safeguarding Policy and Ryan’s details will be updated to reflect his appointment.
Ryan is currently contactable for via Hugo Sugg (C&S Earthquake Director for HR and Development) – firstname.lastname@example.org
10th May 2018